Family-Based Immigration, The Visa Lottery, & Other Visas
- We get immense satisfaction in reuniting families. At Orbit Law, PLLC, we work with you to explore your short- and long-term options, devise a strategy, and facilitate the application process. Clients appreciate our knowledge of immigration laws and procedures, our creative problem-solving, and our consistent communication.
- Permanent Residence through marriage and eligible family members.
- Adjustment of Status to Permanent Resident.
- Consular Processing for family members.
- K visa for fiancées of U.S. Citizens.
- V visa for spouses of Permanent Residents.
The Visa Lottery
- Permanent Residence based on an annual U.S. government lottery.
- Granted to 50,000 applicants every year.
- Applicants must be from countries with historically low rates of immigration to the U.S.
- Serves as an alternative to obtaining permanent residence through a family member or an employer.
Victims of Crime or Domestic Violence
- Nonimmigrant Visas that Allow Victims to Remain in the U.S.
- T nonimmigrant status provides protection to victims of trafficking to enable them to help law enforcement authorities in the investigation or prosecution of human trafficking cases.
- U nonimmigrant status provides protection to crime victims who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse as a result of the crime. The U visa allows victims to remain in the United States and assist law enforcement authorities in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- If you are a battered spouse, child, or parent, you may file an immigrant visa petition under VAWA for yourself without the abuser’s knowledge. Your abuser will NOT be informed that you have applied for immigration benefits under VAWA. The provisions of VAWA apply equally to men and women.