Citizenship & Naturalization
- We know how hard you have worked to obtain Permanent Residence, and for many of you, the ultimate dream is to become a U.S. Citizen. However, obtaining citizenship is far more complex than just filling out a form after you have been a Permanent Resident for a specified number of yours. At Orbit Law, PLLC we have mastered the complexities of nationality law, and can guide you through the intricacies in your quest to become an American citizen. If you have criminal record, speaking to an experienced attorney who is knowledgeable about the potential impact of a particular crime is even more important before you apply for citizenship.
- Continuous residence.
- Physical presence in the United States.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English (in most cases).
- Knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government.
- Good moral character.
- Belief in the U.S. Constitution and the U.S. government.